Thursday, July 5, 2012

Eating for two

I'm tired, nauseous, and eating for two. I know, dear reader, that you are wracked with worry and confusion, wondering what has befallen me. Am I pregnant, you ask? No, definitely not. How did this happen then? How did a young, strong, attractive law student hardened by a rugged life in the mountains of British Columbia get thrown on the mat? You guessed it, I have a parasite! It's actually not all that exciting.

I'll spare you the details - I already had to describe all my symptoms, tests, diagnosis, and treatment regime with my doctor dad. Suffice it to say that last weekend when my friends were hiking a volcano, I was shivering under three shirts at the first rest stop getting acquainted with the outhouse.

I've been on medication for three days and I'm almost done my course, so I should be 100% by this weekend. Thank god too, because we're going to spend 5 hours on a bus going to Antigua, Guatemala!

I've posted my friends' photos of the hike up volcan Santa Ana so that you can see what I missed.

Volcan Izalco, a perfect cinder cone right next to Volcan Santa Ana. It only stopped erupting in the 1960s

Before


After

Sulfurous crater at the summit of Santa Ana




Santa Ana from the first rest stop

No comments:

Post a Comment